The purpose of a data back-up and restoration strategy is to protect your information against data loss, and restore it after any such loss occurs.
The importance of this element in your online strategy cannot be overemphasised.
As discussed in Using the Cloud, ACCAN strongly recommends a multi-phase backup strategy that includes on-site AND off-site storage of your valuable data.
Back up and Restoration Steps:
- Planning and testing your response to different kinds of failures
- Configuring and monitoring the data environment for backup and restoration.
- Establishing a backup schedule.
- Troubleshooting Backup issues
- Recovering from data loss.