The range of powerful computing solutions available in the cloud includes:
- Electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheets, and calendars
- File sharing and information services
- Accounting and payroll
- Customer relations management (CRM)
- Human resource management (HRM)
- Presentation software
- File storage and back-up facilities
- Shared computer hardware and network facilities
- ICT management services and technical support
Telephone and communications services
- Shared telephone (PABX) systems
- Communications productivity applications
- Videoconferencing and 'Telepresence'
Application hosting and software development tools
- Hosting for your applications
- An environment to develop your applications
- Security solutions
The above four groups of services are commonly known as –
- Software as a Service (SaaS);
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS);
- Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS); and
- Platform as a Service (PaaS).
If you would like to learn more about these services and the way they are presented by cloud computing providers, go to Part 6 of this Module.