Understanding and Adopting Telework
In support of the Australian government's telework strategy, and as part of the Digital Business Kits program, ACCAN has produced a telework training course for small businesses and Not-For-Profit organisations.
This training course aims to provide employers and employees in the sector with the information, tools and resources required to successfully take-up and support telework. There are many benefits from introducing telework into your organization including: attracting and retaining good staff through workplace flexibility, increasing productivity and operational efficiency and meeting the work-life balance expectations of your staff.
In this course you will learn more of these benefits as well as the challenges and gain a good understanding of how to implement telework. Would you like to get started on your telework training now? Visit part one of the training, 'Business Benefits'.
The tool contains training on the following topics:
- Business benefits – Assessing the business benefits of telework for your small business
- Organisational changes – Understanding the organisational changes required to benefit from telework
- Technology – Understanding and choosing appropriate telework technologies
- Privacy & Security – Understanding and addressing the privacy and security risks associated with telework
- Business continuity – Designing and implementing a telework Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
- Maximising productivity – Maximising productivity and cost savings using telework
- Managing transition – Managing the transition to telework
- Cultural changes - Understand and accommodate the cultural and social implications of telework