It is vital to think about who you are trying to connect to in order to promote your business. Not only can you reach more people through social media, but you can also target the specific types of people you think may be interested in your business and are likely to become customers. Here are the things you need to consider when identifying your audience:
- What do your ideal customers have in common with your business?
- Demographic Information - How old are they are, and where do they live?
- How can your business help your potential customers?
- Would a particular group be more interested in specific messages or products?
Engaging Your Audience
Catering to your audience involves shaping your posts or promotions to their needs or interests. Customising your social media to suit a particular type or group of people can be incredibly beneficial and attract more customers.
As you post content, it is important to think about what will interest or appeal to your customers. You can experiment with different types of post and see what is successful.
- Comical. You can take a comedic theme to your page, posting cartoons and jokes pertaining to your business (and humorous posts are more likely to be shared!).
- Sincere. The identity of your business page can be sincere and promoting positive feelings and thoughts.
- Inquisitive. You can communicate and connect with your customers by asking them interesting questions about their personal likes and dislikes, engaging their opinions.
When posting, it is important to keep posting consistently so that your customers don't forget your brand, build trust and establish a relationship with you. Setting a schedule will help with planning in when to post. Ways in which you should post:
- Be authentic and genuine. This will excite customers to be a part of your business.
- Be Responsive and show that you value customer feedback.
- Replicate the types of posts that are the most successful. When you see a post is successful, promote it so that it can reach more people.